UK songbird Amy Winehouse died from alcohol poisoning.
An inquest has heard the UK songbird was more than five times over the legal drink-drive limit when she was found dead in her North London home.
When police entered her apartment, they reportedly discovered three vodka bottles in her room.
The inquest heard Winehouse had 416mg of alcohol per decilitre in her blood. This amount was potent enough to send her into a coma and significantly affect her respiratory system.
St Pancras coroner Suzanne Greenway said: "The unintended consequences of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden death."
Winehouse's GP Dr Christina Romete said the singer had been warned about the dangers associated with alcohol abuse.
She was prescribed Librium to treat alcohol withdrawal and anxiety, and had also been seen by a psychologist and a psychiatrist in 2010.
But Dr Romete said Winhouse didn't believe psychological treatment was the right approach for her.
"She was one of the most intelligent young women I've ever met," she added.
"She was very determined to do everything her way, including her therapy. She had very strict views on that."
Dr Romete reportedly saw Winehouse one day before she died.
"She was calm, she was coherent; tipsy, I would say. She didn't slur. She was able to hold a conversation."
Photo: Getty/ Getty Images Entertainment/ Dan Kitwood
© Copyright 2013 dmgRadio Australia