When Hollywood's hottest stars get together it is sure to generate enough gossip to keep the tabloid rags running for weeks.
And this year the Golden Globes were no exception. Here's a lowdown on what had everyone talking.
- Kaley Cuoco wearing an engagement ring. The Big Bang Theory actress told reporters the sparkler she was wearing on her ring finger was an engagement ring from her band boyfriend Christopher French. It wasn't. She joked, "I'm engaged. I'm engaged to Chopard." Doh.
- Geoffrey Rush wearing a hat indoors. The Aussie actor was wearing a fedora while presenting an award because he's shaved his head for the play The Diary of a Madman.
- Natalie Portman's date. The pregnant star brought her choreographer boyfriend and baby daddy Benjamin Millepied who she thanked when she won Best Actress. Millepied starred as a dancer who didn't find Portman's character sexy in Black Swan. "It's not true. He totally wants to sleep with me," she joked.
- Ricky Gervais as host. He had some memorable one-liners including: "It's gonna be a night of partying and heavy drinking...or as Charlie Sheen calls it: breakfast." Or "Did you go see Cher? No. Why not? Because it's not 1975." And, "Please welcome Ashton Kutcher's dad: Bruce Willis!"
- Jake Gyllenhaal's date. Since splitting with Taylor Swift, Jakey went back in time, taking his ex-girlfriend Jenny Lewis along.
- Robert Pattinson's dyed hair. The Twilight star showed up with reddish hair saying he kept having to change its colour between movies, and this was the result.
- Colin Firth's name stuff-up. Introducing Firth to press after winning his Best Actor award, an MC mistakenly called him Colin Farrell. Oops!
- Christian Bale's mood. Maybe it was the effects of winning an award, but Bale was in a particularly good mood at the Globes, complimenting reporters and telling people his long hair was the result of unemployment. Abusive, crazy days be gone!
- Vegetarian Olivia Wilde almost ate meat? Nah, she said of her Marchesa dress: "It's really comfortable, actually. I could eat a cheeseburger in there. Not that I would—I don't eat meat. But I could! Because there's so much room. It's so comfortable!"
- Julie Bowen's love of Spanx: "First of all, I'm always wearing Spanx…I wear Spanx to bed! My husband's like, ‘What is this flesh stocking that's on you?' I'm like, ‘Trust me. It looks better.' "
- Chris Hemsworth on not doing interviews with his new wife Elsa Pataky: "I blend into the background when she's around, so it's good to keep it separate."
- Jennifer Lopez's rocks. Don't be fooled by the rocks that she got, she ain't just Jenny from the Block. In fact, the singer wore $5 million worth of diamonds, including a cuff, brooch, ring and earrings.
So there is your gossip fix for now. Tune in when the star's hangovers ramp up. Maybe we'll get some drunk Tweets overnight.