Heath Ledger hated taking the pills that he eventually overdosed on, a close friend of the star has claimed.
Rapper N'FA grew up with the Aussie actor in Perth and remembers Ledger only took sleeping pills as a last resort when he couldn't sleep.
"He was an extremely active person who didn't sleep much. It's normal - lots of people take sleeping things. I just remember he didn't like them," he told The Sun.
The rapper is about to release a new single called "Cause An Effect", which Ledger shot a video for before his death of an accidental overdose in January 2008.
He held off on releasing the single and video after Ledger's death to avoid being slated for cashing in on the unfortunate circumstances.
But N'FA has revealed the project was very close to Ledger's heart and that Ledger called him in the middle of a big awards ceremony to discuss it.
"I don't know if he was in the car on the way back or in the bathroom or what. He might have even been at the bar drunk," he said.
"But he calls me and is like, 'I've got this idea. I'm gonna be home soon so let's do it!'"
Check out the promo here.
© Copyright 2013 dmgRadio Australia