A little boy accidentally drank half a glass of 40 per cent whiskey after being mistakenly served the beverage at a restaurant.
UK toddler Sonny Rees, 2, was supposed to be drinking a fruit juice cocktail at his second birthday dinner at Frankie and Bennie's restaurant.
His mum, Nina, noticed that he was "pulling a face as he was drinking", she told the Daily Mail, so she took the glass and tasted it.
Nina said it was at least a double whiskey and gave her "the slight burny feeling in my throat".
Sonny had taken about 10 sips and was "clearly intoxicated", and was rushed to emergency. When he got home later, he threw up.
The restaurant acknowledged its error and explained that there was a stag party at the venue that night, and the drink orders had been mixed up.
The family received 50 per cent off their bill and an apology.
Photo: Getty/Getty Images Entertainment/Craig Bromley
© Copyright 2013 dmgRadio Australia