Losing a mobile phone, it's fair to say that just about everyone has been there but have you lost it like this?
Its that feeling of being disconnected from the world as you watch your mobile drive off in the back of the cab never to be seen again. While that situation is quite common we've found a list of the Top 10 weirdest insurance claims, and its fair to say, these take the cake!
A UK insurance agency has release the top ten weirdest insurance claims of the past 12 months, so next time you have to put a claim in, don't be embarresed becuase these people have been there, and lodged this!
1. A farmer in Devon claimed his phone had disappeared inside the back end of one of his cows when he’d been using the torch on his iPhone whilst assisting the cow during calving. The phone later made an appearance, but was damaged.
2. A lady in her early 40s from Nottingham claimed that she’d baked her Nokia 6303i into a Victoria Sponge she’d been making for her daughter’s birthday. It didn’t endure the heat of gas mark 5.
3. A lady in her 30s claimed she’d been walking her Cocker Spaniel on Barry Island beach, Wales, when a seagull swooped down and took her phone from her hand.
4. A woman in her late 20s from Bristol claimed the vibration function on her phone had stopped working whilst she was using it as an adult toy.
5. A 40 year old construction worker said his mobile had fallen out of his back pocket when he pulled his jeans down before sitting on the toilet. Not realising, he went about his business and flushed the chain. The phone didn’t flush, but underwent serious water damage.
6. A man in his 30s claimed he’d been filming monkeys from the car window in Longleat Safari Park with his phone when a monkey climbed on the roof and snatched it.
7. A couple re-enacting the "I'm King of the World!" scene from Titanic lost their phone over the side of their cruise ship, whilst trying to take a photo of themselves.
8. A pyrotechnician was setting up a show for the National Fireworks Championships in Plymouth, and having left his phone within the "blast zone", it was nowhere to be found when he returned post-show, having been fired 3,000 feet into the air before exploding in a stunning display.
9. A lady in her 20s from Liverpool admitted she’d thrown her phone at her boyfriend, whom she’d discovered was cheating, but it missed him and hit a wall; breaking the handset.
10. Rather than paying £60 for a ticket to see Blur at their sell-out Hyde Park shows, one customer tried to film the event on his phone from up a nearby tree - he got a little too excited as the band came on stage though, and dropped his phone onto the ground below.